Writing correct spellings is one of the most important things to be followed by anyone whether you are a student or a professional, if you write wrong spellings with the wrong grammar, it will make you feel ashamed and put your self-esteem down in front of others. So, it’s better to improve your vocabulary, grammar, and spellings rather than getting embarrassed. There is some really helpful online software available that can help you in doing so. Whatever you write, before submitting it you can do a copy-paste in this online tool and it will show you your mistakes and will also suggest you how you can rectify them. You also might be interested in knowing some important and interesting facts about English spelling that you don’t even know still. Let us discuss them one by one.
1. The shortest sentence in English is “I am”. To prove this, you can use an online tool which does the spell check and no error will be found in the sentence.
2. “SWIMS” is a word which can be read the same if you turn it upside down.
3. A pangram sentence is a sentence which contains all the alphabets in English. For an
a. Example: “A quick brown lazy fox jumps right over the lazy dog.” This sentence is known as pangram sentence as it contains all the alphabets in English. You can use the spell
b. Check methods by using online tools and find them out.
4. “Hungry” and “Angry” are the only 2 words in English that end with a “gry”. There is
a. no other word in the modern English dictionary that ends with a “gry”.
5. The top 10 most used words in English are “I”, “a”, “and”, “the”, “be”, “to”, “of”, “in”,
a. “That”, “have” which get usage of around 25% of all the words used around the world.
6. “Aegilops” is the lengthiest word in English dictionary whose each and every letter is arranged in alphabetical order.
7. The word “Alphabet” is actually taken and derived from the first 2 letters of Greek
a. Alphabet “Alpha” and “Beta”. Isn’t it amazing!
8. English is the only language that is followed on air. To elaborate the fact, while you are
a. In a flight and you are a pilot who is flying the airplane or if you are a crew member,
b. You must know English in order to communicate on-air in case of an emergency as,
c. English is the only language that is followed on air.
9. A new word is getting added in the English dictionary in every 2 hours. Yes, it is true. That by the time you finish watching a movie; a completely new word will be added to the English dictionary. The calculation shows that in a single year, around 4000 new words are added in the English dictionary. Spell checker software will show you if there is a new word added recently in the English dictionary which means similar to the word that you are using in the sentence.
10. The word “girl” was previously used for kids and females. It was the synonym to the word “child” and irrespective of the gender it was used for calling small kids. Later the meaning got changed.
So finally to conclude the fact, it is very important to correct your spellings as well as the grammar to be accepted and entertained wherever you go. The online spell checker software can help you in doing so. It is also important to know the interesting facts about the language you use daily.
For more information: visit our blog. Additionally, you can download our mobile apps on Google play store or App store. Feel free to contact us with any questions! Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.com.